Sunday 13 May 2012

My win at Blackpool!



Crossing the line!
First Blackpool circuit series and I was in it to win it!! Building up my motivation, I arrived at the circuit focused and ready. A quick catch up with the team, sign on and then a full roller warm up with some tunes pumping away. I was in pure race zone!!

The race began. I started strong and sat in and did a few turns on the front with my team mates. We were all looking great! I then decided it was time to mix it up a bit after five laps and made a strong attack from the middle whilst no one was looking. I managed to hold it to the bottom corner, but the race then bunched back up holding a reasonable race pace. Throughout there were attacks off the front from my team mates Nicola and Frankie. I made sure I went with them where I could without dragging the bunch up, so at least one or two of us could make a break. Unfortunately no one was getting away. Myself and Nicola were working on the front of the bunch, controlling the race.
With three to go I was watching my position and was sat fifth from the front, moving myself up to third place behind Lauren coming up to the last hair pin bend. I took my chance tightly round the corner, smashed my foot down and went for it... it was a long way to the line!! However the bright yellow finish line eventually shined at me and my fist was up in the air picking up 10points! A VERY HAPPY moment!!! With Lauren coming in 2nd a few metres behind, Frankie 5th and Nicola 7th ... A HUGE WELL DONE to my great team mates!! : )



Me and Lauren collecting our prize money!

 Now I can’t wait for my next race the Junior National   incorporated with Seniors on 12th May and West Midland Regional Road Race Championships on 20th May!

Hayley x

No comments:

Post a Comment